Vegan Salmon?! My thoughts exactly. Once it was released, I had to get my hands on it!
This Vegan Salmon Tartare that looks super fancy and is so easy. It has the perfect balance of salmon-avocado-rice ratio paired with a soy sauce marinade. Even your fish eating friend will be impressed!
View this post on Instagram
How to Make Vegan Salmon Tartare with Avocado and Black Rice (Plant-Based!)
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
A quick lunch, dinner or snack that comes together in 30 minutes! A quick, fancy-schmancy salmon tartare that is coated with soy sauce and a zing of lemon all on top of avocado and fluffy forbidden rice.
- 1 cup black rice
- 1–1/2 cup vegan salmon, cubed
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tbsp liquid aminos
- 1 tsp sesame oil, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- microgreens for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
To prepare the salmon:
- Mix the vegan salmon in a bowl with the lemon juice, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Season to taste, mix well and keep covered in the fridge until required
To prepare the avocado:
- Carefully remove the stone and use a large spoon to remove the flesh. Dice into a 0.5cm chunks, place in a small bowl and coat in a little extra lemon juice and a pinch of salt
- Place an 6cm baking ring in the middle of each plate. Divide the rice into the ring, followed by the diced avocado into the rings and then the salmon. Pat down gently to compress, then carefully remove the rings. Garnish with microgreens and a drizzle of sesame oil.