Cinnamon rolls and I have been in a very long, long term relationship. You see, my mom and I would make special trips to the mall just to eat a cinnamon rolls at Cinnabon. My favorite part is the ooey gooey middle center. I mean.. isn’t that everyones?!
While not being able to go on our mall adventures as much as we use to.. my temporary solution in the meantime? Mini Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls. You know, because it’s fall and what not.
View this post on Instagram
Amazing fluffy and tender vegan, pumpkin cinnamon rolls! Super simple methods required for these delicious cute mini rolls!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup unsalted vegan butter, softened
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree (added on top of cinnamon filling)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F degrees.
Making the dough:
- Start by activating the yeast with 1 cup non-dairy milk. Stir in the yeast and set aside for 10 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
- In the large bowl, combine flours, sugar, salt, pumpkin puree and vegan butter. While mixing, slowly add in yeast/milk mixture. Add flour until the dough starts forming.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead the dough for about 3 minutes. Shape into a ball and place back in the bowl. Cover the dough, and place in a warm area of your house for 1 hour.
- For the cinnamon sugar, combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and set aside.
Assemble the rolls:
- When the dough has risen, roll out onto a floured covered surface into a large rectangle. Spread the cinnamon filling evenly to the edges and add a layer of pumpkin puree on top.
- Starting at the bottom of the rectangle, roll dough evenly into a tight roll. With your fingers press together the seam. Seam side down, cut dough using a serrated knife into mini pieces.
- Bake the rolls for 10-12 minutes in a mini muffin tin until they are lightly golden brown.
- While the rolls are baking, prepare icing. Whisk together all the ingredients for about 1 minute, until the icing is smooth.
- Once the rolls are done, spread icing all over the rolls. Enjoy while they’re warm!