When September hits means we celebrate with pumpkin everything, am I right? Pumpkin + Wontons.. I got to work mixing both of my two different things. The result was a dream! Sweet, simple, crispy & SO delicious.
These Pumpkin Churro Wontons are vegan, studded with cinnamon churro, requires just 5 ingredients, and are ready in 1 hour!
View this post on Instagram
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 20 wonton wrappers
- 1 bag spudsy cinnamon churro puffs
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F degrees.
- Mix all pumpkin puree, flour, and maple syrup in a medium bowl, until smooth and set aside
- Next, assemble wontons. Place a wonton wrapper on the work surface and place a tablespoon of pumpkin filling in the middle. Using a pastry brush or just your finger, wet all four sides of the wonton wrapper with water and then close to form a triangle. Press edges well to seal.
- Transfer assembled wontons to a lined baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes, until crisp and browning at the edges.
- Add spudsy puffs to a food processor. Process until very smooth. Texture should resemble sand.
- Once wontons are done, sprinkle crushed puffs all over and enjoy!