Did anybody else eat Milano cookies growing up?? My mom and I would munch on them while waiting for my sisters to come out of practice. They now have become one of my favorite childhood cookies! Who says we can’t have our childhood favorite cookies now, too!? If you haven’t guessed yet, I’ve always had a bit of a sweet tooth.
While the Original Milano cookies will always have my heart, these homemade ones are just as lovely. They’re that good! Undetectably delicious and super easy to make.
- Preheat your oven to 350° degrees, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, sugar, egg until combined. Add in milk and vanilla and mix for another minute.
- Add the flour and salt, until everything is thoroughly incorporated then chill dough for 30 minutes.
- Using a piping bag or ziploc bag, pipe out around 3 inches about 1.5 inches apart onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown at the edges. Transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once cookies are cooled down, pipe or use a small knife to spread melted chocolate between the cookies to make sandwiches.
- Allow cookies to sit 10-15 minutes or can be refrigerated to help chocolate set up.