If I had the a choice for a last meal, it’d be spring rolls for sure. Growing up, I loved being aside my mom while she taught me her tricks on how to roll a good looking spring roll. Now I’ll have spring rolls at least twice a week at home! Great thing about spring rolls are the filling ingredients are flexible and you can add or opt anything out.
Inspired by mom’s technique, these Colorful Rainbow Spring Rolls are refreshing, colorful and fun to make!
View this post on Instagram
Colorful Rainbow Spring Rolls (Vegan)
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
These Vietnamese-inspired spring rolls are filled with fresh and crisp veggies, tender noodles. Paired with a tahini sauce, they’re the perfect side with any Vietnamese dish or alone too!
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- 1 1/2 cups thin rice noodles, cooked
- 1 cup fresh mint, cilantro, or Thai basil
- 1 cup each julienned cucumber, carrot, and avocado
- 1 cup sprouts
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- Prep vegetables, herbs and set aside.
Make the dip:
- Add all ingredients to a bowl in order listed and mix with a fork until smooth or add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water to achieve a thinner consistency.
To assemble spring rolls:
- Pour very hot water into a shallow dish or skillet and immerse rice paper to soften for about 10-15 seconds.
- Transfer to a damp surface and gently spread out into a circle. It may take some practice!
- To the bottom third of the wrapper add layer carrots, cabbage, cucumber, sprouts, tofu and generous amount of noodles (see video). Gently fold over once, tuck in edges, and continue rolling until is sealed
- Serve with tahini dip and sriracha or your favorite hot sauce!